Friday, January 4, 2013

Fulfilled Two, One more to go...

I've always wanted to travel when I was little, but didn't really have much chance.. But compared to some, I'm still consider lucky lah. :)

People always tell me that humans always find grass greener on the other side and that after they're back from other countries they always still feel SG is the best.. But no matter how much times I've heard someone telling me "SG is very safe, SG is very good, SG is very beautiful".. I know I still want to go out and see for myself.

I've always wanted to travel to places with 4 seasons to experience the coldness and changing scenes, places with beautiful buildings and not HDBs and modern private housings.. Something more historic, something more antique and different and "real". By real I mean I can see them in front of me, enjoy the weather and atmosphere and not seeing it from TV..  

Like the others, I have my own list of places I want to go before I mati. 
And the top 3 list is London, Scotland and Paris. 

Compared to people wanting to tour the whole of Europe, my wish very simple liao leh only 3 places and so specific.. and the reason why also damn simple, because I always see these beautiful places on movies! 

Those landmarks like Eiffel Tower, London Eye, Big Ben.. and those beautiful castles and lakes in romantic movies.. 

Actually I also want to visit Ireland, but somehow I want to see Scotland more because its more famous. LOL. Don't judge me!

Anyway...so until now I am really very happy that at the age of 24, I manage to fulfill 2 of my top list which is London and Scotland! Especially London, so many things to see and more food choice! 

But Scotland..  wasn't really what I expected it to be..or maybe we are just plain suay that few days keep meeting the "wrong people". I don't really want to talk about it anymore and would like those "bad memories" to fade off! I don't want to write about the bad incidents here to "remind" myself also..

I can only say that the place is extremely beautiful and worth a visit, but I wouldn't want to spend money to revisit again.. I am happy I went, no regrets really.. 

Especially the highlands tour, really very happy we went! Seen our first falling snow and piece of white land.. with beautiful lakes, snow capped mountains.. and loch ness. 

I'm very lucky. 

Next will be Paris.. I've read horrible stories of pickpockets and thieves, but it will not stop me from going... just need to be extra careful and vigilant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment